Cooler temperatures are on the way marking the beginning of the fall season. This is the perfect time to take inventory of regular maintenance and make a list of things that need to be fixed around your home. Even if your home is running smoothly, regular maintenance is important. Preparing now before the snow and cold can save costly repairs and aggravation later. The weather can change quickly, especially in Chicago!
Fall Property Checklist:
- Service furnace and replace the filter
- Clean humidifier plates or pads to ensure efficient operation
- Inspect the roof to see that it’s draining properly
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris
- Check patio, deck or outdoor space for repairs, now is the perfect time to paint
- Scan brick properties to see if it needs tuck pointing / sealing
- Change outdoor lightbulbs now, to avoid doing it in the cold weather
- Test the snow blower
- Rake, mow and trim landscaping
- Add mulch/compost to gardens
- Fertilize the lawn
- Plant flower bulbs
- Turn off outdoor water spouts
- Store seasonal furniture / grill
- Sweep the chimney
- Test smoke detectors, CO monitors and inspect fire extinguishers
- Check doors and windows for drafts
- Hire a handyman for bigger home repairs
- Buy wood and curl up by the fire with a warm drink!
If you need excellent and reliable resources, such as a handyman, furnace repair, landscaping or any type of real estate advice, contact Charese David at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-399-1271.