Spring is a great time to freshen up your home by decluttering and cleaning. There’s something very satisfying about living in a clean home. Especially now, with most congregating at home. Since cleaning your home after a long winter can feel overwhelming, start with these simple steps and take your time.
Make a Plan
- Start early in the spring, to complete the list before summer.
- Walk through each room and make two lists – one list for the things you can do and the other for handyman repairs.
- Organize your list into manageable chunks of time to prevent burn out.
- Purchase cleaning supplies.
- Hire a handyman for more labor intensive repairs.
Interior spring cleaning ideas:
- Go through closets and storage to remove the clutter. Donate items you haven’t used in awhile or maybe even forgot about.
- Deep clean areas such as baseboards, carpets and rugs, walls, light fixtures, windows and window treatments/curtains and appliances.
- Clean behind and under furniture. It may even inspire you to redesign the layout of the room.
- Take a look at your utility room, laundry room and garage to see if you can organize the space in a better way. Think about the way you move around in the room.
Exterior spring cleaning ideas:
- Clean up the yard including raking old grass, putting down grass seed, and trimming back trees and dead branches.
- Consider curb appeal, plan your garden and landscaping.
- Check sewers for drainage.
- Dust off your lawn mower.
- Power wash the walkways, decks and siding.
- Take a look at the gutters and have the roof inspected.
- Service the furnace and air conditioning.
Do you need referrals for your home repairs and/or landscaping? Please contact us for reliable resources.