Photo Credit: Ask Anna
Spring is a great time to freshen up your home by decluttering and cleaning. With warmer weather already here in Chicago, you might want to make a plan before summer sneaks up on you. Once summer is here, there’s no staying in the house!
Whether selling your home or doing regular maintenance to dust off winter, Charese David has a few great spring cleaning tips to get your home ready for a fresh, new season.
Make a Plan
- Start early in the spring, to complete the list before summer.
- Walk through each room and make two lists – one list for the things you can do and the other for handyman repairs.
- Organize your list into manageable chunks of time to prevent burn out.
- Purchase cleaning supplies.
- Hire a handyman for more labor intensive repairs.
Interior spring cleaning ideas:
- Go through closets and storage to remove the clutter. Donate items you haven’t used in awhile or maybe even forgot about.
- Deep clean areas such as baseboards, carpets and rugs, walls, light fixtures, windows and window treatments/curtains and appliances.
- Clean behind and under furniture. It may even inspire you to redesign the layout of the room.
- Take a look at your utility room, laundry room and garage to see if you can organize the space in a better way. Think about the way you move around in the room.
Exterior spring cleaning ideas:
- Clean up the yard including raking old grass, putting down grass seed, and trimming back trees and dead branches.
- Consider curb appeal, plan your garden and landscaping.
- Check sewers for drainage.
- Dust off your lawn mower.
- Power wash the walkways, decks and siding.
- Take a look at the gutters and have the roof inspected.
- Service the furnace and air conditioning.
Do you need referrals for your home repairs and/or landscaping? Call Charese at (312) 399-1271 or email email@example.com.